Capacity Building for Regulators and Policy Makers in Andhra Pradesh
To apprise and train the regulators and policy makers in Andhra Pradesh about the international instruments like German Feed-In Tariff, Renewable Tax Credit (RTC) and Renewable Energy Obligation (REO).
India28° 36' 0" N, 77° 12' 0" E
Main activity and output:
- Investigate the barriers to a renewables based electricity supply;
- Analyse policies that influence the renewables based electricity sector including the Electricity Act 2003;
- Analyse the international instruments/policies and their underlying principles;
- Develop a policy framework for mainstreaming the renewables based electricity;
- Analyse key dimensions of ‘Renewable Portfolio Standards' taking into consideration the availability of renewable resource(s);
- Prepare a framework document and study material, including a case study on a renewable energy project;
- Organise a conference focusing on ‘Renewables and regulatory issues' covering the Indian and European experiences and key learnings;
- Organise a training / awareness workshop for regulators and policy makers.
- Adoption of new policies and regulations in Andhra Pradesh that accelerate the renewable energy market;
- Replication in other Indian states and REEEP partner countries.