Development of Renewable Heating and Cooling use in the Tertiary sector of Mediterranean countries
Identify the existing barriers for renewable energy development in Tunisian and Moroccan hotels and produce an integrated policy structure for their development, highlighting the potential for ESCO's project development.
Tunisia36° 48' 10.08" N, 10° 10' 46.92" E
Morocco34° 1' 12" N, 6° 49' 48" W
Main activity and output:
- Define the legislative and financial background regarding renewables and energy in general;
- Develop a catalogue of state-of-the art technologies appropriate for the region;
- Conduct technical and economical analysis of renewable energy applications for hotel heating and cooling uses;
- Identify the main aspects (obligations and benefits) of renewable energy policies;
- Develop guideline policy in hotel sector;
- Complete detailed analysis for the implementation of a renewable energy installations following an ESCO model;
- Information dissemination activities such as conferences, published articles and direct mailers.
- Innovative solutions for renewable energy applications involving both heating and cooling needs;
- Reduction of primary fossil fuel energy consumption and thus the environmental impact of such energy generation with a focus on the significant reduction in the summer electric load;
- Adoption of appropriate policies and strategies for renewable energy development at different levels (local, regional, national);
- Definition of positive financial conditions for the development of renewable projects, in particular regarding the implementation of projects with an ESCO model (based on Energy service contract);