Energy efficiency technology transformation in metal casting in Southern India
To accelerate the adoption of cleaner and more energy efficient technology in the Coimbatore metal-casting cluster by building capacities on both supply and demand sides with training for customers and service providers, and dialogue with government and financial institutions.
- Train local service providers in implementing energy efficient technologies; ones suited to scaling up for wider adoption
- Initiate a policy dialogue with government and financial institutions to provide inputs and facilitate in evolving financial mechanisms such as a risk guarantee fund for energy efficiency investments
- Implement three energy efficiency technology projects with entrepreneurs
- Incorporate the project outputs into a knowledge management platform implemented via the industry association websites
- Organise stakeholder consultation on existing barriers and policy framework for energy efficiency in the SME sector.
- Provide output of these local level interactions to the state and national policy making institutions
- Improved awareness of energy efficiency solutions in the sector
- Strengthened local supply side delivery systems and an increasing demand for the new technology
- Strong uptake of new technology thanks to innovative financing model
- Creation of a model for replication in other SME sectors in India and other developing nations.