Implementation of a Dissemination Strategy for Efficient Cook Stoves in Northeast Brazil
To implement a dissemination strategy for efficient cook-stoves - including installation, sustainable forest recovery activities, and capacity building - that is adopted in Ceará state public policy through state development plans.
- Install 200 additional improved cook stoves;
- Recover shrubbery forest with native species;
- Implement research on best dissemination strategy to determine the relative advantages of subsidising stove manufacturers versus stove users;
- Implement best incentives for replanting methods and forest management to generate sustainable supply of fuel wood;
- Capacitate Ceará state government in social, economic and ecological issues around efficient stove fabrication and distribution;
- Work within Ceará state government to develop a dissemination model for efficient cook stoves adopted to their development plans and public policy.
The programme will take crucial steps towards:
- Enactment of informed public policy that would encourage the sustainable use of biomass in rural communities;
- Improve health through energy efficient cook stove application;
- State government agencies will have learned best dissemination methods for efficient cook stoves in rural communities;
- State government will have adopted or be close to adopting this technology in the state development plans and will be pursuing financing options for further up-scaling.