Market-based operating mechanism for large-scale biogas plants in China
To introduce a new market-based operating and service mechanism for large- and medium-sized biogas projects, and to draft a code for the design of them, so that biogas projects can run viably over the longer term.
China39° 55' 44.04" N, 116° 23' 16.8" E
Main activity and output:
- Analyse the current operating status of large and medium-sized biogas projects in Beijing
- Study market-based management experiences for similar livestock farm biogas project in Europe, particularly Germany
- Design a market-based operation management model for biogas projects
- Draft the code for designing of large and medium-sized livestock farm biogas projects in Beijing
- Identify a biogas project operation company to operate the built projects in Beijing.
- Compile and conduct a training course for 20-40 biogas project managers as well as stakeholders on how to operate the facility, including a site visit.
- Hold a workshop to share experiences on actual market-based operations
- Smooth and cost-effective operation of large and medium-sized biogas projects thanks to a well-established operation mechanism which ensures long-term viability.
- Lower operation costs and guaranteed performance will provide stronger incentive for future investment.
- Improved living environment for farmers and villagers while reducing living expenses
- Reduced use of fossil fuel and firewood, thus contributing to climate change mitigation and environmental conservation.
- Provides a new business model for Chinese environmental industry, expanding the sector in width and depth.