Millennium Development Goal Financing Facility (MDGFF) ? Participatory Business Planning
To lift significant numbers of the poor out of poverty through their ownership of financially, environmentally, and socially sustainable ventures, utilising renewables and energy efficiency - provided services and infrastructures.
Development of a business plan for the Energy - MDG Facility, including:
- Governance and Agreements
- Establish the Facility
- Define the Operational Structure
- Selection and Grant-Making Procedures
- Define Monitoring and Evaluation System
- Define Facility Services and Technical Assistance
- Production of required legal documents
- Launch of Pilot Facility
Once operational the Facility will draw on various sources for: grant and equity funds (e.g.,Fondazione Cariplo, Fondazione Monte dei Paschi) to scale up partner venture creation activities and to create new partners; equity investment in the ventures (local sources and GEEREF); and debt (Consorzio Etimos/local sources).
- Expansion of the number of participating entrepreneurs in the models developed by the existing MOSAICO partners.
- Expansion of partners by at least four in the first year of operation to begin the 3-4 year cycle of assessment, venture selection, pilot project, and replication through which each partner will, in turn, create small ventures in Brazil and Mozambique.