National Action Plan for Rural Biomass Renewable Energy Development in China
To develop a National Action Plan for rural biomass renewable energy in China with supporting documentation. The National Action Plan will provide detailed measures to enable China to achieve its biomass development target in mid-term and long-term set in the National Strategy and reduce GHG emission.
- Review the major experiences of biomass development in Europe
- Evaluate current policy, institution, technology and financing mechanisms on rural biomass renewable energy in China
- Identify the barriers and priorities for rural biomass development in China
- Set detailed objectives and targets in the 11th Five-Year and 12th Five-Year Plan on the base of the National Strategy
- Design detailed actions on capacity building, institutional building, financing mechanism, technical renovation, commercialization, international cooperation and awareness improvement, to achieve the targets
- Design and select some pilot engineering projects;
- Develop a framework of measures to ensure the smooth implementation of the Action Plan.
- The National Action Plan will provide detailed measures to enable China to achieve its biomass development target in the medium and long-term as set in the National Strategy and achieve greenhouse gas emission reductions.
- The action plan will produce measures to remove the barriers to rural biomass development.
- The project will promote public acceptance of the national strategy and improve the public awareness on rural biomass energy.