National Model of Legal Framework to Promote the Use of Renewable Resources in Mexico
To propose the national model of legal framework to promote the use and exploitation of renewable energy resources in the states and municipalities of Mexico.
Mexico19° 26' 3.12" N, 99° 8' 18.96" W
Main activity and output:
- Analysis of local legal frameworks in Mexico and the world related to renewable energy sources;
- Develop a draft national model that includes the institutional and regulatory mechanisms to promote utilisation of renewable energy;
- Prepare a multimedia edition of the national model in a didactic format that allows its use in the states and counties of Mexico.
- Proposition of guidelines to establish State legislation and Municipality regulation for renewable energy exploitation;
- Promotion of a public policy of exploitation and use of renewable energy sources among the States and Municipalities of Mexico mandated by the Federal Government;
- Furthering of public, private and social investments to develop projects using solar, wind, hydro, biomass and geothermal as sources of electricity as provided for in the Federal Legal Framework;
- Stimulation of the process of Federal and State Government promotion of renewable energy;
- Increased States' and Municipalities' understanding of legal issues relating to the use of solar, wind, hydro, biomass, and geothermal energy sources;
- Establishment of a legal framework to diminish poverty in rural communities throughout Mexico by using and exploiting renewable energy sources.