Policy support for Beijing's industrial energy planning
To support the Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform (BJPC) by providing analysis and advice in the formulation of the industrial energy efficiency policy component and action plan for the 12th Industrial Energy Conservation Five-year Plan of Beijing for the years 2011-2015.
- Collect, analyze and evaluate industrial energy savings data from 2005-2009.
- Assess the implementation progress and barriers towards realising industrial energy efficiency targets outlined in the 11th Five-year Plan.
- Review existing relevant policies and regulations in Beijing, and integrate national industrial energy conservation policies into the local Five-year Plan.
- Calculate the energy savings potential in five designated energy intensive industries: steel and iron, electricity generation, construction materials, petroleum processing and chemicals.
- Provide policy advice and recommend-ations for the 12th Industrial Energy Conservation Five-year Plan.
- Host a dissemination workshop on the 12th Beijing Industrial Energy Conservation Five-year Plan with the involvement of BJPC and relevant stakeholders.
- Integration of reasonable and feasible targets and energy conservation plans into the 12th Five-year Plan for Beijing
- Improved energy efficiency, reduced energy intensity and lower GHG emissions in Beijing's industrial sectors
- Industrial energy efficiency will be mainstreamed in Beijing's city energy planning
- Improved dialogue and awareness among policymakers, industry representatives and other stakeholders.