REEEP Report on Energy Efficiency 2008
To report on the global status of energy efficiency (EE) including an overview of energy efficiency measures, market potential for energy efficiency, annual energy savings, investments in energy efficiency and energy efficiency policies and programmes.
- Clearly define the parameters of EE;
- Investigate the historical and potential thermal and electrical EE improvements in industry, domestic and non-domestic buildings, transport (passenger & freight) and power generation (including transmission and distribution);
- Review impact of EE policies and programmes including best practice examples in various countries;
- Focus analysis on OECD countries and the emerging market economies of Brazil, China, India and South Africa;
- Scope key initiatives/projects globally, regionally and nationally that meet key interests of policy makers, industry, financiers and development professionals.
- Increased interest among policymakers on energy efficiency issues;
- Generation of an important reference document globally for energy efficiency practitioners and researchers.