Scaling up a proven mechanism to implement energy efficiency street lighting projects in India
Dissemination of a proven approach to develop, implement and finance municipal energy efficiency projects, working with private sector (ESCOs) and carbon finance, to eliminate the barriers for such projects in India
India28° 36' 0" N, 77° 12' 0" E
Main activity and output:
- Create a steering committee to implement the concept dissemination activities in India
- Prepare and disseminate the required standard documents based on the previous project including a conceptual document for internal approval in municipalities; technical, legal, financial, and other documents for City councils for bidding procedures; Request for Proposals (RFP); and Monitoring and Verification (M&V) plan and payment mechanism.
- Seek support from local organisations.
- Organise and deliver dissemination and capacity presentations in different states on the concept, and provide all the needed documents (in Hindi and English) to interested participants.
- Support municipalities in utilising the concept within their process.
- Over 100 cities exposed directly to the concept in at least five states.
- A minimum of 10 cities entering into the process for energy efficiency project implementation.
- Five different private sector companies (ESCOs) interested in the concept and willing to bid (or bidding) on projects.
- Interest carbon credits buyers in the approach and enter into partnerships with potential sellers.