Support the Implementation of Brazil grid-connected solar photovoltaic roofs programme
To develop the Brazilian legal and regulatory framework towards the implementation of a large-scale grid-connected solar photovoltaic roofs programme.
- Review current legislation and regulation;
- Meet with stakeholders including representatives of RENOVE, Instituto IDEAL, the Ministry of Mines and Energy - MME, the National Electrical Energy Agency - ANEEL and Financial Institutions/Development Banks;
- Conduct a study of technical and economic aspects;
- Develop a set of guidelines and recommendations for the implementation of a successful solar roofs programme;
- Prepare and present legislation and regulation drafts;
- Conduct comprehensive analysis on the type and quantity of incentives and subsidies, as well as the consequent impacts on tariffs.
The establishment of a long-term (20 years) solar roofs (in the GWp scale) incentive programme in Brazil is expected to lead to a number of positive impacts through and at the end of the programme, which include:
- Grid parity between solar PV and conventional consumer tariffs;
- Establishment of professional and large-scale markets in the area of PV in Brazil, with economies of scale that lead to competitive costs;
- Increased energy security;
- Greemhouse gas emission reductions;
- Establishment of attractive investment environments for PV products and services;
- Improvement of the environmental profile of electricity generation in Brazil.