Women's Energy Justice Network - CDM and microfinancing
To assist potential project developers and decision makers in the use of the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), voluntary carbon markets, and other project finance mechanisms to support small-scale sustainable energy projects to deploy efficient cookstoves and other clean technologies at the household and rural community level in India.
- Create an online database to track Appropriate Sustainable Energy Technologies (ASETs) projects and financing mechanisms, Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), voluntary carbon markets, microlending, and others.
- Establish a working group to analyse how traditional and programmatic CDM can be used to support ASET projects, with financing mechanisms such as microlending.
- Develop a household ASET retrofit and financing Project Concept for a pilot community using bundled small-scale CDM and related funding mechanisms.
- Create a programmatic CDM Project Concept with supplemental micro-lending mechanism for selected ASETs.
- Produce reports and training materials for ASET pCDM, CDM bundling, and the related financing mechanisms.
- Hold a workshop for key government ministries, state-level stakeholders, financial institutions, major NGOs, and project developers
- Increase in the availability and quality of available information on ASET projects and feasible financing methods
- Improved profitability and feasibility of CDM-based and pCDM-based ASET projects in impoverished rural areas.
- Increased engagement for pro-poor and gender-sensitive CDM financing
- Increased project developer understanding of ASET projects and their financing through CDM