To improve the institutional capacity of local and national governments to formulate policies that promote the development and implementation of residential energy efficiency projects, especially for multifamily buildings where there is a high concentration of vulnerable (low income) households.
- Organise a detailed analysis of barriers and opportunities for increasing energy efficiency in each countries residential sector, examining the crucial role of the Home Owners Associations and condominiums, housing maintenance and management companies in improving EE in multifamily buildings;
- Compile case studies about the major barriers to residential energy efficiency and the mechanisms used to address them;
- Organise a targeted workshop to present and discuss findings from the case studies;
- Develop policy recommendations for each participating country;
- Disseminate findings, case studies and recommendations to key decision makers in each country through developing websites, newsletters and publications of municipal associations or energy agencies.
- Increased awareness and capacity of municipal associations and municipalities to provide policy and market incentives for residential energy efficiency;
- Facilitation of legislation to support and stimulate the marketplace for energy efficiency. Currently Armenia and Moldova are considering new legislation on energy efficiency and renewable energy.