To develop a set of up-to-date practical test methods and evaluation criteria for LED lighting products in China, and use the technical methods established to steer the development of the LED lighting industry as a whole.
- Analyse the current LED industry and its market potential for the future.
- Research existing national and international testing methods for LED lighting products and lamps of a similar directional nature. Draft and formulate LED test methods.
- Research existing national and international evaluation criteria, and then draft and formulate LED evaluation criteria.
- Test the feasibility of LED test methods and evaluation criteria in China.
- Provide National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) a set of suitable test methods and evaluation criteria for LED lighting products as the strategic support to the promotion of energy efficient lighting.
- Integration of LED lighting into the Chinese government's energy efficiency implementation drive.
- Energy savings from the overall programme in excess of 1.46 million MWh/year (approximately 1.46 million tonnes per year of CO2 over the life of the lamps).
- The test methods and evaluation criteria for LEDs could be transformed into national standards.
- Successful standards will support appropriate product development and assist in harmonisation of international trade.
- The policy of developing testing methods and evaluation criteria up front could be taken as a reference for promoting other product industries.